What Personal Information About Customers Does LeRoy Fly Tying Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at LeRoy Fly Tying. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our store, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses LeRoy Fly Tying or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of LeRoy Fly Tying on other Web sites.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
Does LeRoy Fly Tying Share the Information It Receives?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Protection of LeRoy Fly Tying and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; or protect the rights, property, or safety of LeRoy Fly Tying, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Our site includes links to other Web sites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these third-party Web sites.
Which Information Can I Access?
LeRoy Fly Tying gives you access to information about your account and your interactions with LeRoy Fly Tying for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such LeRoy Fly Tying features as Your Profile, Wish Lists, Customer Reviews.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those referenced in the "Which Information Can I Access?" section. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
LeRoy Fly Tying does not sell products for purchase by children.If you are under 18, you may use LeRoy Fly Tying only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit LeRoy Fly Tying, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Michigan. If you have any concern about privacy at LeRoy Fly Tying, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also. You should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you search, buy, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you search for a product; place an order through LeRoy Fly Tying; provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address when shopping with us); communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form; provide employer information when opening a corporate account; participate in Discussion Boards or other community features; provide and rate Reviews. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been shipped, including addresses and phone number; content of reviews and e-mails to us; personal description in Your Profile; and financial information, including Social Security and driver's license numbers.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access easily at LeRoy Fly Tying include up-to-date information regarding recent orders; personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications and personalized preferences, address book); payment settings (including gift certificate, gift card); e-mail notification settings (including Alerts, Available to Order notifications, Delivers, Recommended for You, Special Occasion Reminders, and newsletters); recommendations (including recent product view history, prior order history, and Favorites); shopping lists; and Your Profile (including your product Reviews, Requests, and Recommendations.